Leslie Sim DID: 6697 1641Email: Leslie_sim@rp.edu.sg
2. The iChef competition is hosted by the School of Hospitality, Republic Polytechnic, Singapore.
3. Stand to win attractive prizes worth more than $5,000 in total value, including trophy and Certificates of Participation for all contestants.
For more information, visit the iChef 2013 website or facebook page.
Science Camp 2013 is a two day one night programme that aims to have exciting activities that build around the theme of ‘Science for the Future’.
The camp activities are designed to keep participants enthused about the application of scientific knowledge in making a difference in every day applications. Throughout the camp duration, participants will get to discover the various facets of science, ranging from environmental sustainability to biomedical sciences.
Apart from hands-on laboratory workshops and team activities, there will also be an interschool competition within the camp programme to allow participants to apply the knowledge gained from the camp activities.
Science Camp 2013 allows students to experience the thrill and wonder of Science, with special emphasis on the significance of the innovative use of scientific knowledge to benefit mankind
2. As it is a student-driven event and most of the production is done by the students, it allows people to better understand how music festivals work.
3. The theme is passion and compassion, instilling service-learning with the festival village during the festival.
2. Diversification of art forms caters the needs for every arts lover or beginner.
3. A community arts festival for the community giving the heart-landers an opportunity to appreciate art, abolishing the mind-set that arts is only for the elites.
2. Exhibits the different dance forms and exposes students to more styles of dance, especially with the theme this year of SynchroniCity, infusing vibrancy and urbanising dance forms.
3. Students can be part of the workshops and learn a new art form.
Visit the Scientific Thinking Programme (STP) 2013 webpage for more information.
Visit the Science Congress webpage or download the poster for more information.
Shows:• Reflections Launch: Thurs 25 Oct [4.30pm] [RP, South Agora] [FREE Admission] • Beats Encore!: Mon 29 Oct [4.30pm] [RP, South Agora] [FREE Admission] • Gamelan Concert: Fri 02 Nov [4.30pm] [RP, South Agora] [FREE Admission] • Makanplace: Sat 27 Oct, Sun 28 Oct, Tues, and 30 Oct [8pm] [TRCC Theatre] [Tickets at $15 each] • The Grand Magic Show: Sat 03 Nov [7.30pm] [TRCC Theatre] [Tickets at $10 each] • MUSE V: Wed 07 Nov [8pm] [TRCC Theatre] [Tickets at $10 each] • Closing Bash: Fri 09 Nov [4.30pm] [RP, South Agora] [FREE Admission]
Visual Arts Exhibitions:Apirations of our Youth: 22 Oct to 30 Nov [Library Opening Hours] [RP Library] [FREE Admission]
Reflections Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Reflections-Republic-Polytechnics-Community-Arts-Festival/273129422727204
Makan Place Facebook Page:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Makanplace-at-RP/334528506608038
Categories: • 10km (Competitive Run – Open)• 6km (Competitive Run – U21)• 6km Fun Run
Event website: http://republicrun.sg/
• Fringe events such as LEAPS! A student choreographer’s showcase, RPresenting Hip Hop competition, Dance Dialogue and the Main showcase with students from Anglo-Chinese Primary School, Nutz Crew, Raffles Institution (College), Yishun Secondary School, Singapore Chinese Girls School, NUS Dance Ensemble, Dance Spectrum International, and RP dance groups
Event website: http://www.rp.edu.sg/momentum
Momentum Facebook Page:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Momentum-Republic-Polytechnics-Dance-Festival/254432831304683
• Learn from their peers• Showcase their scientific prowess• Learn new techniques and open their minds