Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT)
- With the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT), polytechnic graduates now have more opportunities for obtaining a university degree, without enrolling in the local universities or go abroad.
- Established by the Ministry of Education (MOE) in 2009, SIT’s mission is to provide an industry focused university education for polytechnic graduates in partnership with local polytechnics and renowned overseas universities to produce highly desired graduates for growth sectors of the economy.
- Through SIT, polytechnic graduates will be able to attain degree qualifications from renowned overseas universities in Singapore at a lower overall cost as compared to studying at the universities’ home countries. While the tuition fees will vary from programme to programme, they will be comparable to that of the local universities in total. The Singapore government will also provide subsidies for the programmes.
- SIT will start its first intake for 2-year full-time degree programmes in Allied Healthcare and Nursing, Design, Digital Media, Engineering and Applied Sciences and Hospitality—identified growth areas which will continue to offer promising jobs in our economy. More disciplines will be added later to meet economic and manpower needs.
- SIT will work with the overseas universities and the polytechnics on curriculum planning and admission criteria to maintain the same standard as in the universities’ home countries. The degree programmes will be mostly conducted in the 5 polytechnics. Academic staff from the overseas universities offering the programmes will conduct the core lectures and tutorials in Singapore, supplemented by local lecturers who would be qualified by these overseas universities. The degrees will be conferred in the name of the overseas universities.
- SIT targets to offer places for more than 2,000 full-time students and the courses are expected to last for up to 2 years.
- For more information on SIT and its upcoming courses, please log on to www.SingaporeTech.edu.sg