The objectives of the internships are
- Facilitate interested students to gain work experience
- Allow students to have another avenue to interact with employees and employer of the participating company and acquaint themselves with their possible future roles in the company.
Q: What is the duration of internships in Republic
Ans: The duration for internships ranges between 4-24 weeks.
Q: When does Republic Polytechnic usually conduct
Ans: The period of internship varies for different school/centre.Some
internships are conducted during the Semester 1 vacation break: Aug-Oct or
Semester 2 vacation break: Feb-Apr time period while some internships are
conducted during the school term.
Q: What are the diplomas that are available in Republic Polytechnic?
Ans: Republic Polytechnic’s full time diploma list is available at http://www.rp.sg/courses/
Q: What are the general guidelines for insurance coverage?
full-time matriculated or registered students of RP are required to subscribe to
Group Personal Accident Insurance Scheme (for ALL students) and Group
Hospitalisation & Surgical Insurance (for International Students). The coverage
Death & Permanent Disability
Expenses related to accidents
Benefit – Compensation up to S$3000
extension – up to S$1000 for costs of equipment
In the event of an accident, students who seek medical attention
may claim the medical expenses from the insurance company through RP, subject to
Students will not be covered during the period of deferment of their studies. Please note
that students (especially Year 3 students) are required to submit the claims
before their graduation. In addition, employers may wish to cover the students
under their organisation’s insurance schemes, such as medical or workmen’s
Q: Do participating companies need to make CPF contribution for
Republic Polytechnic's intern?
Ans: All matriculated or registered students of Republic Polytechnic
(RP) who are employed for training approved by RP have been exempted from CPF
contributions. The exemption order is effective from 1 January 2009.
Q: How do I manage issues on misconduct?
Q: What can Republic Polytechnic's internship
programme offer to the participating company?
Ans: All issues on misconduct are to be referred to RP for the appropriate set of actions.
Ans: As a participating company, you stand to benefit in the following ways:
Q: Do foreign students need work permit?
- Access to a pool of manpower with relevant skill set.
- Identify prospective employees among the students attached to your company.
- Provide skilled support for projects that demand valuable alternative resources for its successful completion.
- Provide inputs to our curriculum to better reflect the changing demands of your industry.
- Engage in collaborative research with us.
Ans: Students who are non-Singapore citizens are exempted from work