In the varied and dynamic world of business, where does one focus? The Common Business Programme (CBP) allows you to sample what the School of Management and Communication (SMC) and the School of Hospitality (SOH) have to offer during the first semester of your first year. Through real-life situations, you will develop transferable skills and the core business principles that will see you through either course of study.
RP’s Education and Career Guidance activities will further help you decide what’s best for you from SMC’s and SOH’s diploma programmes:
In the first semester, you will take the following modules
From the second semester, you will study the modules that are allocated to a specific diploma programme from SMC or SOH. Students need to either select the Special Project module or select two modules from a list of Freely Chosen Modules.
Courses with remaining vacancies after JAE posting are indicated with an asterisk (*). In order to appeal to these courses with vacancies, students need only meet the course’s MERs. Do note that meeting the minimum entry requirements does not guarantee placement, as appeals posting is in order of merit, and subjected to available vacancies in the course.
||Range of Net ELR2B2 for 2022 JAE
||Minimum Entry Requirements/Grade
||13 to 26
a) English Language/1 - 6
b) Mathematics (Elementary/Additional)/1 - 6
c) Any three other subjects/1 - 6
To be eligible for admission, you must also have sat for one subject listed in the 2nd group of relevant subjects for the ELR2B2-B Aggregate Type listed in the JAE Information Booklet.
|Minimum net GPA
|Nitec ≥ 3.5
- NT84 Business Services
- NT85 Finance Services
- NT86 Retail Services
|Higher Nitec ≥ 2.0
- BS23 Retail & Online Business
- BS24 Financial Services
- BS81 Early Childhood Education
- BS82 Banking Services
- BS83 Hospitality Operations
- BS84 Business Studies (Event Management)
- BS85 Business Studies (Accounting)/Accounting
- BS86 Business Studies (Administration/ Secretarial)
- BS87 Business Studies (Logistics)/Integrated Logistics Management/Logistics for International Trade/International Logistics
- BS88 Business Studies (E-Commerce)/Business-Information Technology
- BS89 Business Studies (Sport Management)/Sport Management
- BS90 Business Studies (Service Management)/Service Management
- BS91 Beauty & SPA Management / Beauty & Wellness Management
- BS92 Visual Merchandising
- BS93 Community Sport & Recreation Management
- BS94 Retail Merchandising
- BS98 Event Management
- BS99 Human Resource & Administration
- IT64 Business Information Systems
- IT65 Leisure & Travel Operations
- IT76 e-Business Programming
- IT77 Facility Management
- IT78 Shipping & Operations Services / Maritime Business
|Minimum Entry Requirements
- Obtain an A-S grade for General Paper (English Medium),
- Obtain an A-E grade for 2 other H2 subjects, AND
- Must have taken GCE 'A' Level examinations whilst studying in a Junior College / Millennia Institute in Singapore
For more details on admission using Singapore Cambridge GCE A-levels qualifications, please refer to our webpage at www.rp.edu.sg.
Admission to RP is based on academic merit and subjected to available vacancies of our diploma programmes. Meeting the minimum entry requirements does not guarantee that applicants will be offered a placement in the diploma programme. These requirements are set in place to ensure fairness to all applicants.
Upon completion of the Common Business Programme, you will have a better understanding of the diploma programmes available at School of Management and Communication (SMC) and the School of Hospitality (SOH); providing you a clear decision in which diplomas to choose from based on what best suits your interests and passion.