This is a collaboration between the Singapore National Olympic Council (SNOC) and Republic Polytechnic (RP). This course is hosted under the auspices of the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
This course delivers knowledge and skills that are organised into six themes:
- Sports Eco-System
- Governance for Sports
- Sports Science
- Sports Events and Facilities Management
- Sports Coaching
- Careers in Sports
These are important building blocks to enhance the competencies of executives for the planning and delivery of various types of sports programmes in schools, community or for commercial undertakings.
The continual upgrading of the knowledge and skills in these areas are becoming increasingly important to support the growth of the sports, health, and event management industry.
- Mr Allen Goh, Programme Chair, RP Diploma in Sport Management
- Mr. Azhar Yusof, Director, CoachSG
- Dr Benedict Tan, Vice President, SNOC
- Mr Chris Chan, Secretary General, SNOC
- Mr Edmund Lim, Asst Sec Gen, SNOC
- Mr Edward Yeo, Programme Chair, RP Diploma in Sports Exercise Science
- Mr Edwin Ker, Executive Director, Singapore Swimming Association
- Mr Gopinathan, Director General, SEA RADO
- Dr Ho Mun Wai, Programme Chair, RP Diploma in Sports Coaching
- Mr Lai Ching Kwang, Chief, ActiveSG - Grassroot sports
- Mr Lee Kok Choy, President, Singapore Swimming Association
- Mr Raymond Cheong, Asst Programme Chair, RP Diploma in Sport Management
- Mr Stevenson Lai, Senior Sport Psychologist, Singapore Sports Institute
- Mr Yau Wee Sian, Vice President, Fencing Singapore
Who should attend
Various stakeholders in the sports industry, including:
- Sports administrators from the National Sports Associations
- Educators and CCA leaders from schools and institutions of higher learning
- Executives from the public agencies dealing with community sports
- Private enterprises doing businesses for sports
It aims to raise the general awareness of the Olympic Movement, various sporting systems in place both nationally and regionally and to foster unity and promote continual learning amongst sports industry stakeholders.
Participants will be exposed to a wide array of issues that include the sports ecosystem, marketing and sponsorships, sports science, athlete management, coaching and facilities management.
Participants will receive two certificates, one from the IOC and one from Republic Polytechnic respectively.
Participants must meet the required attendance of 75% and complete assignments in order to receive the certificates.
2, 4, 9, 11, 16 and 18 October 2019
6.30pm to 10.00pm, 21 Curriculum Hours
(On all days, except 18 Oct 2019)
Seminar Room, Singapore Sport Institute, SportSG.
3 Stadium Drive, Singapore 397630. (Stadium MRT).
(on 18 Oct 2019)
NYSI, Kallang Theatre .
$197.95 per pax (incl. GST)*
*Course fees accurate as of 1 July 2019, subject to review annually.
*SkillsFuture credit approved.
Republic Polytechnic reserves the right to make changes to the course fee and application closing dates without prior notice. The commencement of each course is subject to sufficient number of participants.
All information is accurate at time publishing.