SkillsFuture Earn and Learn Programme
With the SkillsFuture Earn and Learn Programme (ELP), a 12- to 18-month work-learn programme, fresh polytechnic and Institute of Technical Education (ITE) graduates can enjoy a head-start in careers related to their discipline of study. This programme gives participants more opportunities to build on the skills and knowledge they gained in school, and better supports their transition into the workforce. This programme is designed in collaboration with industry to ensure relevance to employers and the growth of the sector.
Who is it for?
The SkillsFuture ELP is for Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents who are within five years of either graduation from polytechnics and the ITE or the Operationally Ready Date for National Servicemen.
What are the benefits?
ELP participants can get a head-start in their chosen careers by:
- Receiving a sign-on incentive of S$5,0001.
- Gaining relevant work experience and skills valued by the industry.
- Attaining industry-recognised qualifications/certification2.
- Deepening skills through structured workplace learning, mentorship, and facilitated learning.
- Enjoying skills-based wage increments and meaningful career advancement pathways upon programme completion and satisfactory job performance3.
- Advanced standing or credit exemption for the relevant degree programmes in selected sectors,
1 For fresh graduates who are Singapore Citizens and within three years of graduation or Operationally Ready Date for National Servicemen only.
2 The industry-recognised qualifications/certificates will vary from sector to sector, and from job to job.
3 Participants can potentially receive a wage increase upon completion of programme if they perform well and take on enlarged job scopes.
How does it work?
- You will be matched with a job related to your discipline of study and undergo a 12- to 18-month structured training programme, depending on the sector and job requirements. This includes facilitated learning, on-the-job training and work-based projects, to allow you to deepen your skill sets at the workplace.
- Articulation into degree programmes are also available in selected sectors. Graduates from selected SkillsFuture ELPs can be considered for advanced standing or credit exemption for the relevant degree programmes, subject to meeting the course entry requirements.
- Assigned mentors at the company will guide and support you in your continual skills development. You will also enjoy a well-structured career progression pathway, in line with the company’s talent development plan.
- At the end of the programme, you will receive an industry-recognised certification and potential wage progression or career advancement based on performance.
Republic Polytechnic offers several SkillsFuture Earn and Learn Programmes (ELP) across a variety of sectors. They are: