Intrigued by the fascinating world of Science, but uncertain about the right specialisation for you? Join the Common Science Programme (CSP) to gain a broad understanding of the various science disciplines offered by the School of Applied Science (SAS).
Conducted during the first semester in your first year of study, the CSP will equip you with adequate science knowledge and essential life skills required in the applied science industries. Through the CSP, you will also be introduced to a myriad of career options in applied science, guiding you to make an informed decision on the field which best suits your interest.
Towards the end of semester 1 in your first year of study here, you will be able to select your preferred diploma specialisation from any of the following SAS's diplomas to continue your studies.
In the first semester, you will take the following modules:
From the second semester onwards, students will study the modules that are allocated to a specific diploma from the School of Applied Science.
||Minimum Entry Requirements/Grade
a) English Language/1 - 7
b) Mathematics (Elementary/Additional)/1 - 6
c) Any one of the following subjects/1 - 6
- Combined Science
- Design & Technology
- Engineering Science
- Food & Nutrition
- Fundamentals of Electronics
- Physical Science
- Science (Chemistry, Biology)
- Science (Physics, Biology)
- Science (Physics, Chemistry)
|Minimum net GPA
|Nitec ≥ 3.5
- NT39 (Chemical Process Technology / Chemical Process Technology (Biologics) / Chemical Process Technology (Petrochemicals) / Chemical Process Technology (Pharmaceuticals) /Chemical Process Technology (Process Instrumentation))
- NT45 (Nursing)
- NT58 (Applied Food Science)
- NT64 (Medical Manufacturing Technology)
|Higher Nitec ≥ 2.0
- IT58 (Biotechnology / Biochemical Technology)
- IT59 (Chemical Technology)
- IT62 (Paramedic & Emergency Care)
|Minimum Entry Requirements
- Obtain an A-S grade for General Paper (English Medium),
- Obtain an A-E grade for 2 other H2 subjects, AND
- Must have taken GCE 'A' Level examinations whilst studying in a Junior College / Millennia Institute in Singapore
- Please click here to view a list of module exemptions
For more details on admission using Singapore Cambridge GCE A-levels qualifications, please refer to our webpage at
Admission to RP is based on academic merit and subjected to available vacancies of our diploma
programmes. Meeting the minimum entry requirements does not guarantee that applicants will be offered
a placement in the diploma programme. These requirements are set in place to ensure fairness to all
Upon completion of the Common Science Programme, you will have a better understanding of all the diploma programmes available at SAS and be able to make an informed decision on a programme that best suits your interests.