Q1. Why are guests not invited?
To protect our graduands and the rest of the campus community, and to minimise the risk of COVID-19 transmission, we will be holding RP Graduation Ceremony (GC) in accordance with the prevailing COVID-19 Safe Management Measures (SMM). As the current guidelines limits the number of attendees to 250 per GC session, only graduands will be invited to attend the GC on campus.
Family, friends and guests are welcomed to witness this important ceremony via a live webcast. The webcast link will be published on this Graduation Portal closer to the date of the GC.
Q2. Can parents go to campus to take photos with their children?
Parents are invited to watch the live webcast of the ceremony and celebrate this milestone with us virtually.
To protect all staff and students on campus, we urge parents not to enter the campus, except to drop off and pick up your children from the designated drop-off points. Parents should not remain in campus for extended periods of time.
Q3. What are the COVID-19 Safe Management Measures (SMM) during the RP Graduation Ceremony?
To ensure the health and safety of our graduates, the following measures must be observed at all times throughout the duration of RP Graduation Ceremony:
- Temperature screening
- SafeEntry via the TraceTogether Token or mobile application
- Designated entrances to The Republic Cultural Centre (TRCC)
- Designated registration counters
- Observing at least 1m safe distance between individuals
- Graduands should only be seated at their assigned seats
- Wearing of face mask at all times
- No intermingling between zones at all times (before, during and after the ceremony)
There will be designated photo-taking locations in RP.
Q4. Do I have to check in to SafeEntry when I enter RP?
When entering RP, do check in to SafeEntry through either scanning their TraceTogether Token or via the QR code using the TraceTogether App on their smartphone.
Other SafeEntry check in modes, such as using phone’s camera, SingPass Mobile or other QR code reader apps, or using NRIC/FIN and other photo IDs, will not be accepted.
Q5. Am I allowed to take group photo with my friends?
Your health and safety are our top priority. All photo taking will be capped at the maximum of 8 people. To mitigate the risk of COVID-19 transmission, we request that you comply with the prevailing SMM when attending the ceremony. If there are any changes to the SMM guidelines, we will convey to you nearer the Graduation Ceremony date and during the ceremony itself.
Q6. Can I attend the Graduation Ceremony if I or my household members am/are serving Quarantine Order (QO), Stay Home Notice (SHN) or Leave of Absence (LOA)?
Graduands or graduands with household members who are serving QO, SHN or on LOA would not be allowed to attend the ceremony. In addition, please stay home if you:
- Are unwell, with fever or flu-like symptoms; or
- Had contact/been notified that you were in close contact with a confirmed Covid-19 case within the past 14 days; or
- Have an adult member of your household (aged 18 and above) who is unwell with fever of flu-like symptoms; or
- Have a household member who is currently serving Home Quarantine Order (HQO) or SHN in the same place of residence as yourself
Q7. Would the Graduation Ceremony proceed as planned in the event that the community transmission rates were to increase in the period leading up to the Graduation Ceremony?
The health and safety of our graduands and staff remain our top priority. We will only conduct physical Graduation Ceremony provided it is safe to do so with the prevailing SMM in place. Any cancellations would be communicated prior to the ceremony.
Q8. Can I remain on campus after my graduation ceremony ends?
You are required to leave the campus immediately at the end of your graduation ceremony and photo-taking session.