Little Market teaches young minds to perform simple money-arithmetic. Based in the Singapore currency, it trains the user to construct amounts of money value using the different dominations of the currency.
Originally developed for MINDS to train and assist the intellectually challenged to correctly count and construct money amounts during purchases, it can also be used to teach young children how to recognize the different denominations of the Singapore currency and thereby correctly constructing different amount of money values.
- Audio read-out of the money value for each denomination of the Singapore currency
- Audio text-to-speech of the total amount of money constructed
- Randomly generated amount of money value for training
- Assistive hints to tell how much money is short or exceeded
- Decision Making
- Summary of amount of money spent
Little Market was proudly designed and developed by Jolene Ng and Hsiao Chia Yu, pioneer students from the Diploma of Mobile Software Development (DMSD) course in Republic Polytechnic’s School of Infocomm (SOI). The app was developed as part of their Final Year Project.