Imagine walking into a class with different generational groups – individuals with different age-related life experiences, values, beliefs, and different learning goals and abilities. As an instructor, what would you do?
This e-learning course aims to unpack the idea of "generations" and to identify issues of learning in a multigenerational class. Specifically, it seeks to help you explore strategies to overcome these issues through the "empathising-engaging-empowering" model. This course endeavours to help you create an environment where learners of different generations support one another in learning by harnessing differences and turning them into strengths.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Demonstrate awareness of perceptions on “generations” at work and in learning.
• Identify learning issues in intergenerational classes.
• Suggest strategies to conduct intergenerational classes.
• Suggest ways of establishing positive learner-instructor relationships in intergenerational classes.
Who should attend?
Trainers, instructors, facilitators, programme developers and administrators from educational and training institutions. It is also suitable for learning & development professionals who deal with (or will deal with) multigenerational learners in the workplace.
This workshop is suitable for educators and trainers of all levels.
Participants will be awarded the Certificate of Attendance by Republic Polytechnic upon meeting 75% of attendance requirement.
Click “APPLY NOW” to check available course dates and to register.
4 hours self-paced e-Learning
Course will be conducted online.
Fees for 2022
Fees for 2023
||Singapore PR and Foreigner
- Fees reflected are inclusive of Goods and Services Tax (GST). In line with the government fee freeze directive from 1 Jan to 31 Dec 2023, the fees in 2023 for Singapore Citizen will remain the same as 2022. RP will absorb the additional 1% GST for Singapore Citizen in 2023 only.
Republic Polytechnic reserves the right to make changes to the course fee and application closing dates without prior notice. The commencement of each course is subject to sufficient number of participants.
All information is accurate at time of publishing.