At Republic Polytechnic (RP), we believe that no student should be denied an education because of financial constraints. Apart from government-funded bursaries, RP, together with our philanthropic partners, offers a host of bursaries to help financially challenged students with their educational and/or living expenses
The bursaries RP offers falls under three broad categories, namely:
- Government Funded
- Polytechnic Foundation Programme
General Eligibility Criteria
- Full-time Diploma students
- Singapore Citizen
- Gross Monthly Household Per Capita Income (PCI) ≤ $2,250 or Gross Monthly Household Income (GHI) ≤ $9,000
- Not a recipient of a full scholarship that covers tuition fees and provides an annual or monthly living allowance
- Other eligibility criteria specified by the sponsor may apply
- Muslim students on Mendaki Fee Subsidy Scheme are eligible to apply
PCI = Total Gross Monthly Household Income (GHI) ÷ Number of immediate family members and non-immediate family members (including student)
|| Who to include in the computation of GHI and PCI
|Student who is single
- Parents who may or may not be living together with the student.
- Grandparents, siblings, spouses of siblings, relatives who are staying with the student
|Student who is married
- Spouse & children who may or may not be living together with the student.
- Parents, grandparents, siblings, spouses of siblings, relatives who are staying with the student
- Gross income (i.e. including employee’s CPF contribution) refers to income contributions from self-employment, business or salaried employment (which includes basic salary, allowances, overtime pay, bonus, etc.)
- Bonuses are computed as one twelfth of the annual wage supplements and bonuses received in the last twelve months
- Payments-in-kind, reimbursement for transport and other expenses, alimony or maintenance allowance, and National Service (NS) allowance earned by NSF are EXCLUDED.
To calculate your household income and determine the government bursary that you qualify for, you can use the calculator or chat with our FAS Interactive Chatbot below.