Under DBS Tuition Fee Loan Scheme, students of all nationalities can apply for a bank loan of up to 75% of the subsidised tuition fees payable (loan quantum is subjected to revision).
Key features of this loan scheme include:
- Interest-free repayments during the course of study.
- Up to 10 years repayment period, which starts after course completion.
- Minimum monthly repayment of $100.
How to Apply
1. Download DBS Tuition Fee Loan Form
2. First-time applicants and their guarantors are required to go personally at any DBS Bank branch with:
- Original Loan Application Form
- Proof of Admission – Admission or Acceptance Letter/Matric Card
- Applicant and his guarantor's original copies of identity cards or passport.
(a) Validity of Passport as at date of signing of loan application must be more than 6 months
(b) Applicant/ Guarantor who is existing DBS account holder is reminded to update the Bank of any change in their personal information i.e. mobile numbers and address before the submission of their TFL/SL applications.
- Notary Public Stamp if borrower/guarantor is not in Singapore
- Proof of residential address dated within 3 months of application (e.g. telephone/utility bills, credit card or bank statements)
3. Tuition Fee Loan Scheme for International Student will only start with effect from Semester 2 in the year of enrolment
4. As part of the Government’s response to COVID-19, the Ministry of Education will suspend the repayment and interest accrual for Tuition Fee Loans for all graduates from the polytechnics for one year, from 1 June 2020 to 31 May 2021. During the suspension period, loan repayments due will be suspended and no interest will be charged on any loans. For more information, refer to our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page.
Guarantors must be between 21 to 60 years old and must not be an undischarged bankrupt. The table below illustrates additionally requirements for guarantors of student applicants.
|Permanent Resident/International Student
||Singapore Citizen/Permanent Resident
Semester 1 : February - May
Semester 2: August – November
For more information
Visit the DBS website