Advisory on Laptop Assistance & Bursary Applications for Newly Enrolled Students (Important)
To access Financial Assistance, Scholarship System (FAST) for Bursary and RP Laptop Assistance (Opportunity Fund) application, new students are required to complete Step 1 to 3. Complete step 4 for laptop configuration for access to RP intranet, RP LEO and RP OASIS systems.
Step 1: Download RP Connect App.
Step 2: Acknowledge IT Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
Step 3: Reset Password
For Guide on Self-Configuration and Onboarding (Guide A): Click here
Perform the configuration when you receive an email from Help-IT@rp.edu.sg with the following subject "Preparation of laptop for use in RP".
- For IT related queries:
RP Laptop Assistance (Opportunity Fund)
The RP Laptop Assistance (Opportunity Fund) provides a subsidy of up to $900 per candidature to eligible Singapore Citizen students for their laptop purchase. This is a reimbursement scheme. Students are encouraged to purchase a laptop model that meets the minimum technical specifications of their diplomas.
| Income Criteria Eligibility
|| Subsidy Tier
||Reimbursement Amount (up to)
|$0 ≤ Per Capita Income (PCI) ≤ $750 OR
$0 ≤ Gross Household Income (GHI) ≤ $3,000
(Higher Education Community Bursary Tier 1 & Diploma Foundation Programme Bursary)
| Tier 1
|$751 ≤ Per Capita Income (PCI) ≤ $1,100 OR
$3,001 ≤ Gross Household Income (GHI) ≤ $4,400
(Higher Education Community Bursary Tier 2)
| Tier 2
*Note: Students are required to submit laptop and bursary applications together within the application dates.
| Admission Exercise
|Notification of Outcome (Estimate)
- Singapore Sports School
- Early Admission Exercise
| 01 Mar - 12 Mar
|| 03 Apr - 12 Apr
- Joint Admission Exercise
- Polytechnic Foundation Programme
- Joint Admission Exercise Appeal
- Direct Admission Exercise
|13 Mar - 16 Apr
|| 10 Apr - 12 May
- Joint Polytechnic Admission Exercise
- Polytechnic Foundation Programme (Graduates)
|17 Apr - 30 Apr
|| 22 May -26 May
We will not be able to assess your laptop eligibility without a bursary application.
||How to Apply?
- Full Time (Diploma or PFP) Singapore Citizen students subsidized under Tuition Grant scheme.
- Gross Household Income (GHI) must not exceed $4,400 OR Per Capita Income (PCI) must not exceed $1,100.
- Students can only benefit from laptop assistance once during their candidature.
- Students must apply for the Government Bursary first before applying for the RP Laptop Assistance (Opportunity Fund).
- Students can start applying for bursary after receiving the application email via their RP email account and SMS notification RP.
- Students are to ensure that they accepted RP's IT Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
Step 1: Read the Government Bursary Guide
Step 2: Submit your Government Bursary application via Financial Assistance Scholarship System (FAST)
Step 3: Submit Consent for all family members (including self) via Financial Assistance Scholarship System (FAST)
- Login to FAST portal https://fast.rp.edu.sg (recommended browser: Chrome) using your RP student ID followed by @myrp.edu.sg (eg: 23XXXXX@myrp.edu.sg) and your password.
- Students are required to submit bursary application with all family members' details.
- Go to FAST Consent Subsite: https://fast.rp.edu.sg/Consent (recommended browser: Chrome).
- To login, you may scan with Singpass app or log in with your Singpass password.
- Students are to submit the bursary application prior to submitting consent(s), as consent(s) cannot be submitted without bursary application.
Step 4: Submit RP Laptop Assistance (Opportunity Fund) Application via Financial Assistance Scholarship System (FAST)
- CLICK HERE for the applicant guide
- Your application will not be processed if you do not complete this step.
Important Things to Note For Reimbursement
Purchase of Laptop
Purchase must be under student's name.
Students will be notified of the outcome of their application for laptop assistance via their RP email account and may proceed to purchase a laptop and submit the official receipt via FAST for reimbursement.
You can choose to purchase your laptop from the following options:
Laptop cannot be purchased from community marketplace/classified platforms (e.g. Carousell, Gumtree, Locanto).
Refer to Laptop Requirements for your respective course - CLICK HERE
- Students MUST ENSURE that their full name is reflected on the receipt for RP to process the reimbursement.
- Eligible applicants are required to submit a clear scanned copy of their receipt via the link provided in the outcome email. Please ensure that the company-issued receipt (with logo) is:
- in YOUR FULL NAME as reflected in RP's enrolment letter
- in Singapore Dollars
- purchased within AY2023
*Ineligible receipts or receipts without the above information will not be accepted. An order confirmation slip is not accepted. The laptop will have to be delivered to you if the purchase mode is online.
- Reimbursement is for the purchase of a notebook only. It DOES NOT include reimbursement for other accessories. Desktops and tablets such as iPads and Samsung Tabs are not allowed.
- Students are required to submit the full receipt online, within 8 weeks of the outcome of the laptop assistance application.
- The reimbursed funds will be credited into your registered GIRO/PayNow account with RP, about 2 to 3 months AFTER submission of the receipt/invoice .
*Do ensure that you have submitted your GIRO/PayNow details or the reimbursement will be delayed.