SkillsFuture Study Award
Offered by respective economic agencies across more than 30 sectors, the SkillsFuture Study Award (SFSA) encourages early to mid-career Singaporeans to develop and deepen their skills needed by emerging and key growth sectors. Eligible applicants can defray out-of-pocket course expenses using the $5,000 cash award from the SFSA with no bond required.
To be eligible for the SFSA, applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Be a Singaporean citizen
- Be currently enrolled in qualifying academic CET programmes such as the Part-time Diploma (PTD) or Specialist Diploma (SD)
- Have at least two to three years of working experience in the corresponding sector for the SFSA that they have applied to
- Meet other requirements as set by the SFSA in the respective sector
*To be awarded the SFSA, eligible applicants must complete their course of study.
Students from the following RP courses may apply for the SFSAs in the relevant sectors:
*Students may apply to SFSAs in other sectors if they meet the eligibility criteria of their chosen SFSA not listed in the above table.
Click here for more information on the SFSA.
Eligible Singapore citizens and permanent residents can enjoy subsidized course fees provided by the Singapore Government. The course fees are payable on a per certificate basis and are inclusive of GST. These fees are determined based on prevailing funding policies and subject to annual review and revision.
All Singaporeans aged 25 years and above can make use of SkillsFuture Credit to pay for course fees.
Enhanced Training Support for Small and Medium Enterprises (SME)
The following types of training are covered under the Enhanced Training Support for SMEs:
All certifiable courses supported by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG)
- Academic CET courses at the Polytechnics and the Institute of Technical Education (ITE)
You may wish to view the library of eligible courses available on www.skillsconnect.gov.sg
More information on Enhanced Training Support for Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) can be found here.
Post-Secondary Education Account (PSEA)
You can find more information about PSEA here.
For online submission of the ad-hoc withdrawal form, proceed here.
RP Bursary Application for Part-Time Diploma Students
Government bursaries are available to help Continuing Education and Training (CET) students enrolled in RP's Part-Time diploma programmes defray living expenses. The bursary is valid for one modular semester and a new bursary application can be submitted every modular semester.
i. Government Bursary for Part-Time Diploma Students
- Singapore Citizens
- MOE-subsidized part-time students pursuing part-time full qualification diploma courses in the polytechnics1 2
- Gross Monthly Household Per Capita Income (PCI*) ≤ $2,250 or Gross Monthly Household Income (GHI^) ≤ $9,000;
- Not a recipient of a full scholarship/sponsorship that covers tuition fees and a monthly and annual living allowance
Students who are on diploma-level SkillsFuture Work-Study Programmes or
are taking repeat modules or
are pursuing modular courses that do not lead to a full qualification part-time diploma are not eligible for MOE Bursary.
Students who are eligible for the Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy will also be eligible to apply for the MOE Bursary.
How to calculate your PCI:
PCI = Total Gross Monthly Household Income of all Family Members (GHI) ÷ Number of family members in the household (including student)
To calculate your household income and determine the government bursary that you qualify for, you can use the calculator or chat with our FAS Interactive Chatbot below.
- Gross income (i.e. including employee’s CPF contribution) refers to income contributions from self-employment, business or salaried employment (which includes basic salary, allowances, overtime pay, bonus, etc.)
- Bonuses are computed as one twelfth of the annual wage supplements and bonuses received in the last twelve months
- Payments-in-kind, reimbursement for transport and other expenses, alimony or maintenance allowance, and National Service (NS) allowance earned by NSF are EXCLUDED.
ii. Application Procedure
Students may email help-FAS@rp.edu.sg
to check on the application period and their eligibility for this scheme.
iii. Recommended Bursaries & Quantum
|PCI / GHI Range
|Name of Bursary
|Quantum / Per Modular Semester
|PCI ≤ $1,000
GHI ≤ $4,000
|Higher Education Bursary Tier 1
$1,001 ≤ PCI ≤ $1,725
$4,001 ≤ GHI ≤ $6,900
Higher Education Bursary Tier 2
|$1,726 ≤ PCI ≤ $2,250
$6,901 ≤ GHI ≤ $9,000
|Higher Education Bursary Tier 3
RP will recommend the most suitable bursary based on income situation assessed on student’s application.
Workfare Skills Support (WSS) Scheme