The emergence of new technologies such as artificial intelligence, cloud computing, and blockchain have dramatically disrupted traditional procedures in all spheres.
This course aims to equip you with sound knowledge of accounting and finance. Concurrently, the learning scope covers emerging technological developments relevant to the industry.
As a participant, you will learn how to analyse and make better use of financial information. The course will also introduce you to emerging technologies and how they can be strategically adopted by professionals to support their work processes.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate a strong understanding on financial accounting and management accounting
- Apply relevant concepts related to financial management
- Better understand and leverage business statistics
- Apply appropriate techniques to visualise data
- Embrace digital innovation as part of accounting and finance
Who Should Attend?
Individuals with keen interest in accounting and finance. A financial background is not required.
For courses with a formal assessment component, participants will be awarded with a certificate of completion for the SkillsFuture Career Transition Programme upon meeting the 75% course attendance requirement. Otherwise, a certification of attendance will be issued instead upon meeting the 75% course attendance requirement.
Click here for schedule
This is a 6-month course that will utilise a blended learning approach. Participants will be expected to attend classes both in-person, and virtually from home.
The following are the expected commitment from learners:
- Complete asynchronous e-learning modules
- Participate in synchronous online classes, once per weekday (from 6pm to 10pm)
- Attend face-to-face classes, once per month (Saturday, 9am to 6pm)
This course will be conducted via online learning (synchronous and asynchronous) as well as face-to-face at RP campus.
|Full Course Fees (with GST)
||Singapore Citizens aged 39 & below
||Singapore Citizens aged 40 & above
||Eligible Applicants for Additional Course Fee Funding Support*
- Fees reflected are inclusive of Goods and Services Tax (GST). In line with the government fee freeze directive from 1 Jan to 31 Dec 2023, the fees in 2023 for Singapore Citizen will remain the same as 2022. RP will absorb the additional 1% GST for Singapore Citizen in 2023 only.
*Additional course fee funding support of up to 95% of course fees for jobseekers with greater needs. Individuals must be Singapore Citizens and meet one of following eligibility criteria:
- Long-term unemployed individuals (unemployed for six months or more); or
- Individuals in need of financial assistance – ComCare, Short-to-Medium Term Assistance (SMTA) recipients or Workfare Income Supplement (WIS) recipients; or
- Persons with Disabilities
Republic Polytechnic reserves the right to make changes to the course fee and application closing dates without prior notice. The commencement of each course is subject to sufficient number of participants.
All information is accurate at time of publishing.