This course is in line with the Environmental Services Industry Transformation Map strategic pillar of building a skilled and resilient workforce that is adaptable to changes and competent in workplace operations.
The legislated Environmental Sanitation Regime (ESR) has been implemented since mid-2021 at higher-risk premises with immuno-vulnerable occupants and/or high footfall such as preschools, schools, youth facilities and eldercare facilities, food centres and/or markets, and coffeeshops.
Environmental Control Coordinators (ECCs) appointed to oversee the ESR will need to complete this course before applying for an ECC certificate of registration from the National Environment Agency (NEA). ECCs need to be equipped with the skills and competencies to assist the Premises Manager to develop and monitor the implementation of an Environmental Sanitation (ES) programme that complies with the sector-specific mandatory ES standards of their premises type.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
Understand the importance of the ESR and roles of key stakeholders (the premises managers and environmental control coordinators)
- Have a good overview of pest management, cleaning and disinfection, as well as indoor air quality
- Draft and oversee the implementation of an ES programme as Environmental Control Coordinators
Upon successful completion of the course, participants can apply to NEA to be registered as an Environmental Control Coordinator (ECC), should they meet the ECC certificate of registration requirements*.
Who should attend?
- Basic Care Assistants
- Cleaning Supervisors
- Facility Managers
- Team Leaders
Minimum Entry Requirements
Basic Literacy (WPL5 in reading, listening, speaking and writing)
Participants will be awarded the Certificate of Attendance by Republic Polytechnic upon meeting 80% of attendance requirement.
*Attending and passing the ECC course will not automatically lead to a successful registration as an ECC with the National Environment Agency.
|Full Course Fee (Others)
||Singapore Citizens aged 40 & above
||SME-employed Singapore Citizens & SPR
||Singapore Citizens aged below 40 OR Singapore PR
• Payment may be made using SkillsFuture Credit.
• All fees quoted are inclusive of GST.
• From 1 July 2020, Workfare Training Scheme (WTS) and fee subsidy under WTS will cease. WTS will be replaced by Workfare Skills Support Scheme (WSS). For more information on WSS, please refer to https://www.wsg.gov.sg/programmes-and-initiatives/workfare-skills-support-scheme-individuals.html.
Republic Polytechnic reserves the right to make changes to the course fee and application closing dates without prior notice. The commencement of each course is subject to sufficient number of participants.
All information is accurate at time of publishing.