Businesses rely heavily on warehouses to operate smoothly. But what exactly does warehousing entail? From stock-taking to inventory management, various functions need to be considered to manage a warehouse effectively; making warehousing a crucial yet daunting task.
Improve your warehousing capabilities through this course where you will be introduced to concepts on storage systems and a range of technologies that are practical for your line of work. Participants will also get to learn about the different types of storage systems used in warehouses through interactive discussions.
There will also be hands-on activities for you to explore the latest technologies used in contract logistics and warehouse operations. In addition, the course will equip you with the knowledge on various costing components.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- compare and contrast various warehouse storage systems
- identify various warehouse operations processes
- examine the adoptability of various warehouse technologies
- develop storage layout planning based on operational factors
Who Should Attend?
Business professionals and individuals who are keen to improve their warehouse operation.
Participants are expected to have basic knowledge in warehouse operation such as receiving, putaway, picking, and packing.
Participants will be awarded the Certificate of Attendance by Republic Polytechnic upon meeting 80% of the attendance requirement.
Mr. Nicholas Chiang is a lecturer under the School of Engineering at Republic Polytechnic (RP).
In 2017, Nicholas participated in a national warehouse benchmarking exercise as one of the pioneers consultant. He worked closely with the company warehouse analyst and supervisors to uncover areas with great potential of improvement.
With Industrial 4.0 in mind, Nicholas integrated robotic process automation (RPA) into warehousing administration matters to improve warehouse efficiency. Up to date, he has successfully completed four projects using RPA.
Prior to joining RP, Nicholas worked in the manufacturing sector for nine years, in charge of overseeing overseas vendors. This helped Nicholas built up a wealth of experience managing global supply chain.
|Full Course Fee (Others)
||Singapore Citizens aged 40 & above
||SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens OR Singapore PR
||Singapore Citizens aged 39 & below OR Singapore PR
• Payment may be made using SkillsFuture Credit.
• All fees quoted are inclusive of GST.
• From 1 July 2020, Workfare Training Scheme (WTS) and fee subsidy under WTS will cease. WTS will be replaced by Workfare Skills Support Scheme (WSS). For more information on WSS, please refer to https://www.wsg.gov.sg/programmes-and-initiatives/workfare-skills-support-scheme-individuals.html.
Republic Polytechnic reserves the right to make changes to the course fee and application closing dates without prior notice. The commencement of each course is subject to sufficient number of participants.
All information is accurate at time of publishing.