What is Internet of Things (IoT) and how does it work?
Through this course, you will learn to use IoT devices in work operations to enable remote monitoring and control. At the same time, you will gain knowledge and skills to visualise data gathered from IoT devices, onto a cloud-based dashboard for rapid decision-making.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to take home the IoT Kit – M5StickC with two sensors.
Improve your business and work processes with IoT today by signing up now!
By the end of the course, participants will be able to
- explain the different components in an IoT device
- apply UIFlow, a web-based programming tool, for remote monitoring and control of IoT devices
- represent data from IoT in a dashboard
- demonstrate the applications of IoT in different work operations environments
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for business professionals and individuals who are keen to learn about Internet of Things, Analytics, and Artificial Intelligence (AI).
Participants are expected to be familiar in the general operation of a personal computer (PC) or Macintosh (MAC), such as browsing the internet, opening and saving files, etc.
Participants will be awarded the Certificate of Attendance issued by Republic Polytechnic upon meeting 80% of the attendance requirement.
Mr. Vincent Lim has over 15 years of experience in deploying Lean Six Sigma and Information Technologies solutions in the Asia Pacific region with multinational companies. He is currently the Programme Coordinator for Architecting IoT Solutions module at Republic Polytechnic. Vincent is frequently invited by local and regional companies to share his insights on Industry 4.0 technologies. Besides his academic duties, Vincent has been working with companies on digital transformation - involving the use of IoT, RPA and AI technologies. He holds Bachelor of Computer Engineering, Master of Business Administration, Project Management Professional, Certified Supply Chain Professional and Adult Education Professional (Associate Adult Educator).
Click “APPLY NOW” to check available course dates and to register.
1 day (8 hours, with breaks)
RP ACE @ Woodlands
|Full Course Fees
||Singapore Citizens aged 40 & above
||SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens OR Singapore PR
||Singapore Citizens aged 39 & below OR Singapore PR
• Payment may be made using SkillsFuture Credit.
• Fees reflected are inclusive of Goods and Services Tax (GST).
• From 1 July 2020, Workfare Training Scheme (WTS) and fee subsidy under WTS will cease. WTS will be replaced by Workfare Skills Support Scheme (WSS). For more information on WSS, please refer to https://www.wsg.gov.sg/programmes-and-initiatives/workfare-skills-support-scheme-individuals.html
Republic Polytechnic reserves the right to make changes to the course fee and application closing dates without prior notice. The commencement of each course is subject to sufficient number of participants.
All information is accurate at time of publishing.