In the current COVID-19 situation, there is call for local farms to ramp up their production. For farms to add production capacity and ramp up production speed, there is immediate demand to upskill job-seekers or mid-career switchers with essential farming knowledge to join the agri-food industry.
This 100-hour eLearning course introduces participants to the principles and concepts behind production of plant-based materials for food. The participants will also learn about the advances in agriculture technology to increase local produce.
The course utilises e-Learning to provide on-demand and flexible learning at the convenience of the learners’ pace, schedule and location.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- identify the type of farm system and ecosystem best suited for their produce
- manage plant growth, diseases and pests with the use of pesticides safely and responsibly
- understand selective breeding for higher-yielding varieties to enhance business output
- understand applications of soil-based and soilless-based urban farming
For more information, you may refer to our FAQs for Agriculture Technology.
Who should attend?
- Farm Operators
- Farm Technicians
- Farm Managers
- Service or system providers for farms
- Anyone keen to up new farms or business related to agriculture
To kickstart your learning, try our free online course(s) related to this course:
Participants will need to pass all the quizzes in this course to be awarded the Certificate of Completion by Republic Polytechnic.
Click "APPLY NOW" to check available course dates and to register.
It is a 100-hour self-paced eLearning course. Participants will learn from eLearning lessons that are authored and packaged with visuals, audio and videos in an interactive manner. Participants need to complete the course and quizzes within 3 months.
This course is conducted online.
|Full Course Fee (Others)
||Singapore Citizens aged 40 & above
||SME-employed Singapore Citizens & SPR
||Singapore Citizens aged 40 & below OR Singapore PR
• Payment may be made using SkillsFuture Credit.
• All fees quoted are inclusive of GST.
• From 1 July 2020, Workfare Training Scheme (WTS) and fee subsidy under WTS will cease. WTS will be replaced by Workfare Skills Support Scheme (WSS). For more information on WSS, please refer to https://www.wsg.gov.sg/programmes-and-initiatives/workfare-skills-support-scheme-individuals.html.
Republic Polytechnic reserves the right to make changes to the course fee and application closing dates without prior notice. The commencement of each course is subject to sufficient number of participants.
All information is accurate at time of publishing.