Data, being an integral component in this ever-growing digital age, has become more and more valuable. Unauthorised, careless or ignorant usage and processing of personal data can cause great damage to individuals and to companies. The countless acts of data breach and tech giants pushing the boundary in monetising personal data gave rise to the need for better data protection.
The Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) 2012 sets out the law on data protection in Singapore. This act protects the personal data for individuals while recognising the need for organisations to “collect, use and disclose” personal data for reasonable purposes.
This course ‘Practitioner Certificate in PDPA Preparatory Course’ is developed to equip individuals involved in data protection activities with practical data governance as well as data protection knowledge and skills. Individuals will also learn to utilise risk-based tools to establish a robust data protection framework for their organisation.
Why Republic Polytechnic?
- Learn practical, ready-to-use skills and knowledge from PDPA experts and practitioners
- Gain knowledge on PDPA through practical real-life exercises and actual case studies on data breach
- Continued access to the instructor and support group even after this course, which is especially useful when preparing for the certification examination.
- Get access to additional expertise on how to roll out data protection initiative with Republic Polytechnic’s “go-Consultancy” programme
Who should attend
Data Protection Officers, Privacy or Legal Counsels, Compliance Officers, Lawyers, Human Resources, IT Employees who handle personal data.
There is no prerequisite for this course. An interest in data protection or having attended the “WSQ Fundamentals of the PDPA” course could be helpful.
- Recap the Basic of Personal Data Protection Act
- Latest update on Data Protection trend and development
- The importance of Accountability obligation
- Introduction to the Data Protection Management Programme (DPMP)
- Identify, Assess, and Manage risk in personal data protection
- Develop the DPMP – People, Policies and Processes
- Conduct a Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA)
- Prepare a Data Breach Response Plan
Practitioner Certification Examination
Upon successful completion of this course, a Certificate of Participation by Republic Polytechnic will be issued.
Course participants who have obtained the Certificate of Participation will be eligible to take the Practitioner Certificate in Personal Data Protection (Singapore), co-issued by the PDPC and the International Association for Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
Please note that the examination needs to be taken within 6 months from date of completion of this course at designated test centres.
An examination fee of $53.50 (including GST) applies.
Full Course Fee
Singapore Citizens aged 40 & above
SME-employed Singapore Citizens
Singapore Citizens aged below 40 OR Singapore PR
*Payment may be made using SkillsFuture Credit.
*Fees reflected are inclusive of GST (Goods & Service Tax).
*From 1 July 2020, Workfare Training Scheme (WTS) and fee subsidy under WTS will cease. WTS will be
replaced by Workfare Skills Support Scheme (WSS). For more information on WSS, please refer to www.wsg.gov.sg/programmes-and-initiatives/workfare-skills-support-scheme-individuals.html
Republic Polytechnic reserves the right to make changes to the course fee and application closing dates without prior notice. The commencement of each course is subject to sufficient number of participants.
All information is accurate at time of publishing.