Artificial Intelligence (AI) has been identified as a frontier technology that will prepare and transform Singapore for the digital economy of the future. There is a strong demand for manpower skilled with AI knowledge and abilities and AI professionals are in short supply and many are highly sought after by industry.
At Republic Polytechnic (RP), we offer a transformative Applied Artificial Intelligence programme in collaboration with AI Singapore and Microsoft Singapore to prepare industry-ready professionals for industry. This programme is supported by the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) under the TechSkills Accelerator (TeSA) Tech Immersion and Placement Programme (TIPP).
Why should you join a Tech Immersion and Placement Programme (TIPP)?
TIPP offers immersive training courses or a mentorship and coaching programme to train participants to be industry-ready ICT professionals and in this case, in the field of Applied Artificial Intelligence. Upon training, participants will be required to find placement in tech job roles.
Individuals who qualify for a training programmes supported under the Tech Immersion and Placement programme will enjoy a subsidised programme fee.
Upon completion of this programme, participants will be equipped with the relevant skills and knowledge to undertake the job role of an AI Application Developer, AI System Integrator or an AI or Machine Learning Engineer (at an entry level).
The learning outcomes of the programme are mapped from the Skills Framework for Infocomm Technology (ICT) professionals. Upon completion of the programme, participants will be able to undertake the following in the field of AI:
- Conduct research and identify opportunities for new and emerging technology to support business requirements
- Document business requirements and identify basic needs as well as potential solutions
- Develop a solution architecture and prepare a technical blueprint for a given area, demonstrating how a solution address requirements
- Identify data requirements and support the design of database models, incorporating parameters, fields and mechanisms for the maintenance, storage and retrieval of data
- Implement guidelines, law, statutes, and regulations on appropriate handling of data at various stages in their lifecycle, and monitor compliance with data policies
- Select appropriate visualisation techniques and develop dashboards to reflect data trends and findings
- Identify and utilise appropriate statistical algorithms and data models to test hypotheses and derive patterns or solutions
- Oversee small projects or programmes, managing timelines, resources, risks and stakeholders
- Identify key stakeholder relationships, needs and interests and coordinate with stakeholders on a day-to-day basis
- Identify and document the basic tools, test ware, resources and processes to carry out required tests.
- Determine requirements and develop a phase test plan, identifying optimal schedules and means for executing test scripts.
This comprehensive programme is structured as a 3-month/12-week curriculum where you will undertake ten (10) modules to equip yourself with the necessary skills and knowledge in AI.
The first nine (9) modules will be conducted during an 8-week facilitated and eLearning* training phase, leading up to a final module - a 4-week industry capstone project where you will apply theories to the real-world.
The ten (10) modules are shown below:
* The programme is packaged with access to Microsoft's online learning content and 2 certification attempts.
|8-Week Facilitated and eLearning Training Phase
||4-Week Industry Capstone Project
- Foundations to Artificial Intelligence
- Python for Data Science
- Mathematics for Machine Learning
- Ethics and Law in Data and Analytics
- Research Methods for Data Science
- Data Management
- Machine Learning Fundamentals
- Deep Learning Fundamentals
- Reinforcement Learning Fundamentals
- Applied AI Solutions Development
- Computer Vision & Natural Language Processing
Applied AI Industry Capstone Project
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for applicants who are looking to enter into the following careers:
- AI Application Developer
- AI System Integrator
- AI or Machine Learning Engineer
Applicants may be of the following profile:
- Mid-career switchers without an ICT background but are interested in a career in technology;
- Current ICT professionals interested in upskilling in preparation for positions requiring AI skills; and
- Individuals with a passion to join or found a tech start-up.
While work experience is not required, it will be advantageous if applicants have previous coursework, research, or experience in software development, preferably using Python. Applicants should also have a Pass in English Language at GCE O-Level or equivalent.
Participants who successfully complete the programme will be awarded a Professional Certificate of Completion in Applied Artificial Intelligence from Republic Polytechnic (“in collaboration with AI Singapore and Microsoft”).
Participants will be highly encouraged to undertake the Microsoft's Professional certification in addition. Microsoft's Professional certification is however not a pre-requisite to the award of the Professional Certificate of Completion in Applied Artificial Intelligence.
Upon successful completion of the programme, RP will be facilitating with career support services for participants seeking placement at companies as entry-level AI or Machine Learning Engineers, or AI Application Developers or System Integrators to undertake suitable AI job roles.