This course is ideal for fresh polytechnic graduates who are keen to embark their careers in the hotel industry. Conducted over a 12-month period, participants will gain a deeper understanding of hotel business operations and revenue generation through 2 Post-Diploma Certificates (PDCs).
Upon completion of the programme, graduates will be able to:
- analyse performance measures on service management, and gain insights on the application of concepts on operational brand standards that improve the competitiveness of the hotel
- gain deeper understanding on renewable engineering solutions on how these costs can be effectively managed
- gain applicable knowledge to evaluate the functional roles of the human resource and examine specific areas of human resource management that operates strategically in a hotel
- apply practical approaches to reading, interpreting, and analysing hospitality industry financial statements and management reports of the industry
identify and exploit opportunities for revenue and operational optimisation in the hospitality industry
- gain better knowledge of hospitality laws that cover the guests against injuries or accidents while at the hotel, as well as the hotel’s responsibility as an operator to the guests
Fresh diploma graduates (of any of the 5 local Polytechnics) from hospitality-related disciplines entering the hotel industry.
What is so unique about this programme?
This course is designed to help participants enhance their proficiency in hospitality operations management, including financial management.
Under the Work-Study Post-Diploma programme, you may enjoy additional benefits such as sign-on incentive with full-time employment, assigned company mentor, well-structured training, and career advancement opportunities.
What will I get out of this?
I collectively learned the ropes of the industry through theories, and gained hands-on experience while working through the programme.
Participants will be awarded the Specialist Diploma in Hospitality Business Management upon successful completion of 2 Post-Diploma Certificates (PDCs) under the 12-month Work-Study Programme, meeting 50% of attendance requirement, passing all coursework and assessment, as well as remained employed with the Work-Study Programme-participating hotel throughout the programme.
|Post-Diploma Certificate (PDC)
|Hospitality Operations Management
- Managing Service Quality in Hotels
- Facilities and Building Management
- Strategic Human Resource Management
|Hospitality Financial Management
- Financial Management in Hospitality
- Marketing and Revenue Management
- Business Law in Hospitality
Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents who are:
- within three years of graduation from the Polytechnics or the Operational Ready Date (ORD) for full-time National Servicemen, or
- within five years of graduation from the Polytechnics, and if their employer is a participating company.
Course Entry Requirement
Applicants should preferably be a graduate of a feeder programme as listed here.
Admission will be reviewed and approved by the polytechnic on a case-by-case basis.