Specially designed to help sport educators and coaches inculcate values in a clear and comprehensive way, Sport Singapore’s Game-for-Life (GFL) toolkit presents sporting pursuits as opportunities for character development and learning valuable life lessons. The Game for Life workshop will equip sport educators with a deeper understanding of the necessary components required to intentionally design sporting activities to develop values for character development.
Participants can expect the following:
- Practical Demonstration of Values-based training session
- Principles and concepts of the Game-for-Life (GFL) framework
- Experiential segment infusing GFL framework in designing training plans
- Sharing and networking with coaches from other sports
Read more on what happened in past GFL workshops! For more information on the Game for Life Toolkit, click here.
Entry Requirements / Pre-requisite
This course is supported by Employment and Employability Institute (e2i).
This workshop is suitable for sport educators with a keen interest on character development through sport.
Individuals must have the following to participate in the workshop:
- Attained NCAP/SG-Coach certification or equivalent
Attended Values and Principles in Sports (VPS) workshop, National Standards for Youth Sports (NSYS) OR SG-coach Level 1 Theory (from 27 March 2015)
- Coaches will also be required to complete pre-readings and prepare a training plan prior to the workshop
NROC registered coaches will be awarded with 4 CCE hours upon completion of the workshop.
Sport Coaches and Physical Education Teachers