Get certified as AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associates and learn the fundamentals of building a robust IT infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS)!
Rated by Global Knowledge as one of the most valuable IT Certifications for 2019, this AWS Academy Cloud Architecting course will cover the fundamental aspects of designing and building a scalable IT infrastructure to support your ever growing business needs.
You will learn how to optimise the AWS Cloud and how these services fit into cloud-based solutions. Because architectural solutions can differ depending on the industry, the type of applications, and size of businesses, the course will emphasise the best practices for the setup and usage of AWS Cloud, and the various design strategies to help you in planning and delivering the most optimal IT architecture on AWS.
Upon completion of this course, you will gain a deeper understanding on the following topics:
- Designing Cloud environment which includes controlling Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) traffic, connecting multiple VPCs and VPC best practices.
- Designing for High Availability in Cloud which includes load balancing and fault tolerance, determining if scaling is needed, automatic scaling, AWS Lambda and event-driven scaling.
- Automating Cloud infrastructure which includes manual environment configuration, infrastructure as code on AWS, and grouping resources in a template.
- Decoupling Cloud infrastructure which includes Loose Coupling, Loose Coupling strategies, Amazon API gateway, and serverless architectures.
- Designing web-scale media which includes storing web-accessible content with Amazon S3, caching with Amazon CloudFront, managing NoSQL databases and storing relational data in Amazon RDS.
- Operational excellence, security, reliability, performance efficiency and cost optimization in well-architected pillar.
- Design patterns and sample architectures.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for solutions architects, cloud engineer and professionals who seek a deeper knowledge and understanding on the fundamentals of building IT infrastructure on AWS.
As a comprehensive certification programme, it is preferred that participants have prior knowledge and familiarity with the following:
- Completed the Academy Cloud Foundations (ACF) course or have equivalent experience
- A working knowledge of distributed systems
- Familiarity with general networking concepts
- A working knowledge of multi-tier architectures
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts
Participants will be awarded the
- Participants will be awarded the Certificate of Attendance by Republic Polytechnic upon meeting 80% of the attendance.
Full Course Fee
Singapore Citizens aged 40 & above
SME-employed Singapore Citizens
Singapore Citizens aged below 40 OR Singapore PR
*Payment may be made using SkillsFuture Credit.
*Fees reflected are inclusive of GST (Goods & Service Tax).
*From 1 July 2020, Workfare Training Scheme (WTS) and fee subsidy under WTS will cease. WTS will be
replaced by Workfare Skills Support Scheme (WSS). For more information on WSS, please refer to www.wsg.gov.sg/programmes-and-initiatives/workfare-skills-support-scheme-individuals.html
Republic Polytechnic reserves the right to make changes to the course fee and application closing dates without prior notice. The commencement of each course is subject to sufficient number of participants.
All information is accurate at time of publishing.