Get certified as AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associates and learn the fundamentals of building a robust IT infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS)!
Rated by Global Knowledge as one of the most valuable IT Certifications for 2019, this AWS Academy Cloud Architecting course will cover the fundamental aspects of designing and building a scalable IT infrastructure to support your ever growing business needs.
You will learn how to optimise the AWS Cloud and how these services fit into cloud-based solutions. Because architectural solutions can differ depending on the industry, the type of applications, and size of businesses, the course will emphasise the best practices for the setup and usage of AWS Cloud, and the various design strategies to help you in planning and delivering the most optimal IT architecture on AWS.
Upon completion of this course, you will gain a deeper understanding on the following topics:
- Designing Cloud environment which includes controlling Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) traffic, connecting multiple VPCs and VPC best practices.
- Designing for High Availability in Cloud which includes load balancing and fault tolerance, determining if scaling is needed, automatic scaling, AWS Lambda and event-driven scaling.
- Automating Cloud infrastructure which includes manual environment configuration, infrastructure as code on AWS, and grouping resources in a template.
- Decoupling Cloud infrastructure which includes Loose Coupling, Loose Coupling strategies, Amazon API gateway, and serverless architectures.
- Designing web-scale media which includes storing web-accessible content with Amazon S3, caching with Amazon CloudFront, managing NoSQL databases and storing relational data in Amazon RDS.
- Operational excellence, security, reliability, performance efficiency and cost optimization in well-architected pillar.
- Design patterns and sample architectures.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for solutions architects, cloud engineer and professionals who seek a deeper knowledge and understanding on the fundamentals of building IT infrastructure on AWS.
As a comprehensive certification programme, it is preferred that participants have prior knowledge and familiarity with the following:
- Completed the Academy Cloud Foundations (ACF) course or have equivalent experience
- A working knowledge of distributed systems
- Familiarity with general networking concepts
- A working knowledge of multi-tier architectures
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts
Participants will be awarded a certificate of completion upon meeting the 75% course attendance requirement.
For courses with assessment component, participants will be awarded the certification of completion upon passing the assessment. Otherwise, a certification of attendance will be issued instead upon meeting the 75% course attendance requirement.
Click "APPLY NOW" to check available course dates and to register.
If you are not available on the dates listed in our registration portal, we would like to hear from you by clicking here
Fees for 2022
|Full course fee (with GST)
||Singapore Citizens aged 39 & below OR Singapore PR
||Singapore Citizens aged 40 & above
||SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens OR Singapore PR
Fees for 2023
|Full Course Fees (with GST)
||Singapore Citizens aged 39 & below
||Singapore Citizens aged 40 & above
||SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens
||SME-sponsored Singapore PR
- Payment may be made using SkillsFuture Credit.
- Fees reflected are inclusive of Goods and Services Tax (GST). In line with the government fee freeze directive from 1 Jan to 31 Dec 2023, the fees in 2023 for Singapore Citizen will remain the same as 2022. RP will absorb the additional 1% GST for Singapore Citizen in 2023 only.
Republic Polytechnic reserves the right to make changes to the course fee and application closing dates without prior notice. The commencement of each course is subject to sufficient number of participants.
All information is accurate at time of publishing.