This course is being offered as part of Enhanced Training Support Package (ETSP). Click here for more ETSP courses.
Engaging in regular physical activity can reap numerous health benefits. Physical activity can enhance your emotional and psychological well-being by improving your self-esteem. Your body releases chemicals called endorphins when you exercise.
Endorphins are “feel-good” chemicals that uplift your mood and can even reduce feelings of stress, anxiety and depression. However, it is also important to exercise safely at all times to prevent injuries.
At the end of this course, the participants will share a common belief that every individual should have the opportunity to play sports in a safe environment and be free of injury
- All accidents are preventable
- Everyone has a role and responsibility
- Zero accident is our collective goal
The learning mode for this course is interactive and experiential. It is designed with practicality and flexibility that the participants would be able to implement at their workplace environment.
The course delivery involves various strands of experiential learning methodology such as facilitated discussions, problem-based learning, practical/hands-on, peer supported activities and documented observations for presentations.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Recognise the common sport injuries and factors leading to it.
2. Identify types of reactive and preventive measures.
3. Ability to implement preventive measures and reduce the occurrence of injuries
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone interested in Sports Safety.
Schools and institutions who wants to increase the Safety Awareness amongst the students and interest groups.
Participants will be awarded the Certificate of Attendance by Republic Polytechnic upon meeting 75% of the attendance requirement.
Companies sending their employees for training enjoy 90% course fee funding.
|Full Course Fee (Others)
||Enhanced Training Support Package (ETSP) Scheme
||Singapore Citizens aged 40 & above
||SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens OR Singapore PR
||Singapore Citizens aged 39 & below OR Singapore PR
• Fees for ETSP are 10% of full course fees
• Payment may be made using SkillsFuture Credit.
• All fees quoted are inclusive of 7% GST.
• From 1 July 2020, Workfare Training Scheme (WTS) and fee subsidy under WTS will cease. WTS will be replaced by Workfare Skills Support Scheme (WSS). For more information on WSS, please refer to https://www.wsg.gov.sg/programmes-and-initiatives/workfare-skills-support-scheme-individuals.html.
Republic Polytechnic reserves the right to make changes to the course fee and application closing dates without prior notice. The commencement of each course is subject to sufficient number of participants.
All information is accurate at time of publishing.