This course is being offered as part of Enhanced Training Support Package (ETSP). Click here for more ETSP courses.
The Basic Exercise Science Course aims to equip participants with basic knowledge and skills in how to exercise. Participants will be taught the fundamentals in exercise terminologies, human anatomy, physiology, nutrition, aerobic training, resistance training techniques, flexibility, etc. Participants will be issued a certificate after successful completion of the course and theory examination.
Participants will be introduced to the following fundamental sports exercise domains:
- Introduction to Exercise Science, Terminologies and Principles of Training
- Human Anatomy and Basic Biomechanics
- Exercise Physiology and Adaptations to physical training
- Basic health screening and fitness/basic movement appraisal/orientation
- Exercise prescription on Cardiorespiratory Endurance programs
- Exercise prescription on Resistance/Functional/Balance training
- Nutrition and healthy eating
- Exercise psychology (Behavioural Change/Motivation)
- Exercise Safety – risk identification/management
- Introduction to group fitness training
- Introduction to exercise and special populations (children, seniors, pregnant, co-morbid)
Who should attend?
Individuals who have an interest in basic health and fitness knowledge and exercise techniques. Individuals who have interests in pursuing health and fitness courses.
Minimum age of 18 years old.
The course and assessment will be conducted in English. It is recommended, although not required that participants should possess a credit in the English Language at the GCE O-Level, N(A)-Level or Employability Skills System (ESS) of Level 5.
Participants will be awarded the Certificate of Achievement issued by Republic Polytechnic upon meeting 75% of the attendance requirement and passing a multiple-choice examination.
|| Exam Date
| Re-Exam Date
| 12 and 19 November 2021
|| 29 November 2021 (1.5hr)
|| 13 December 2021 (1.5hr)
| 3 and 10 December 2021
|| 3 January 2022 (1.5hr)
|| 17 January 2022 (1.5hr)
Note: There will be an assessment after each intake.
Assessments and Re-assessments are from 7pm to 8.30pm.
16 Hours (9am to 6pm)
This course is conducted online.
*All information may be subject to changes.
Companies sending their employees for training enjoy 90% course fee funding.
|Full Course fee (with GST)
||Enhanced Training Support Package (ETSP) Scheme
||Singapore Citizens aged 40 & above
||SME- sponsored Singapore Citizens OR Singapore PR
||Singapore Citizens aged 39 & below OR Singapore PR
Fee of $53.50 (w GST) payable to retake exam on re-exam date if you fail or were absent from first exam date without a Letter Of Absence.
• Fees for ETSP are 10% of full course fees
• Payment may be made using SkillsFuture Credit.
• All fees quoted are inclusive of 7% GST.
• From 1 July 2020, Workfare Training Scheme (WTS) and fee subsidy under WTS will cease. WTS will be replaced by Workfare Skills Support Scheme (WSS). For more information on WSS, please refer to https://www.wsg.gov.sg/programmes-and-initiatives/workfare-skills-support-scheme-individuals.html.
Republic Polytechnic reserves the right to make changes to the course fee and application closing dates without prior notice. The commencement of each course is subject to sufficient number of participants.
All information is accurate at time of publishing.