This program aims to help companies to achieve productivity through automation in administrative and repetitive tasks by learning the skill and knowledge in scripting of Robotics Process Automation (RPA). This applied learning workshop has two phases:
- Phase 1 - a 2-day classroom session on use cases sharing, hands-on scripting exercises on RPA, RPA project management, and First Use Case process review.
- Phase 2 - RPA first use case implementation facilitation (three half-day sessions). A project team with 1-4 participants will be formed to conduct a First Use Case project. There will be mentors assigned to the project groups.
Desired Learning Outcomes:
1. Learn how RPA can automate repetitive admin tasks through hands-on exercises
2. Identify and review administrative, repetitive tasks to be automated
3. Apply RPA to automate tasks to first use case project
For effective learning and achieving outcome of this training, goRPA participants/ teams shall scope the First-Use-Case projects before course commencement. You may consult the trainers for your project scope. Some examples of use-case include:
1. Sending customized emails from an Excel template
2. Downloading reports from the system
3. Simple online form filling from Excel
For this training, RP has prepared laptops with Uipath and Workfusion software to facilitate your learning and development of the First-Use-Case projects. To effectively reinforce what you have learnt from goRPA, all First-Use-Case projects shall be completed within one month from the start date of the course, failing which RP reserves the right to discontinue the facilitation of the project.
Edmund Chan heads the consultancy team from the Centre of Innovation for Supply Chain Management. He has extensive supply chain implementation experience using LEAN methodologies. Edmund also likes to tinker with new technologies, and has licenced a number of algorithms to industry. He recognized the potential of self-configured robotic process automation (RPA) for process owners to develop their own bots when the first enterprise versions of free RPA software are being launched. He have been applying LEAN methodologies in implementing bots and teaching others to develop their own bots ever since.
Dr Liu Shubin obtained his Ph.D. from the Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering, National University of Singapore. He joined Republic Polytechnic in Year 2011 as a lecturer in the School of Engineering. Dr. Liu serves as Solutions Enabler in the Centre of Innovation for Supply Chain Management, Republic Polytechnic from Year 2013. He has successfully delivered more than 40 consulting projects for various industries since 2013. Dr. Liu has been certified for Robotic Process Automation (RPA) for UiPath RPA Developer Foundation, UiPath Orchestrator and UiPath RPA Developer Advanced. He has also been certified for Workfusion Automation Essentials and Workfusion Power User – Level 1.
Kong Ting How is a Senior Solution Enabler from Centre of Innovation for Supply Chain Management. He has more than 11 years of experience in Supply Chain Operations in Oil & Gas Industries and 6 years of teaching experience in polytechnics. Throughout his career in Oil & Gas Industry, he has been actively involved in various projects particularly in the area of process improvement. Ting How graduated from the University of New South Wales in Australia with an Honors Degree in Electrical Engineering and obtained his Master Degree in Engineering Enterprise Management from Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
|Full Course Fee (Others)
||Singapore Citizens aged 40 & above
||SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens OR Singapore PR
||Singapore Citizens aged below 40 OR Singapore PR
• Payment may be made using SkillsFuture Credit.
• All fees quoted are inclusive of GST.
• From 1 July 2020, Workfare Training Scheme (WTS) and fee subsidy under WTS will cease. WTS will be replaced by Workfare Skills Support Scheme (WSS). For more information on WSS, please refer to https://www.wsg.gov.sg/programmes-and-initiatives/workfare-skills-support-scheme-individuals.html.
Republic Polytechnic reserves the right to make changes to the course fee and application closing dates without prior notice. The commencement of each course is subject to sufficient number of participants.
All information is accurate at time of publishing.