Director of SMC Tui Jurn Mun joins the winning teams for a group photo.
SUSS Brand Challenge 2023 champions with their mentors Mr Caleb Ng and Mr Firdaus Ghani.
Third place winners of the SUSS Brand Challange 2023 with one of their mentors Mr Shawn Tay, joined by SMC staff Ms Terri Tan and Programme Chair Joshua Yeo.
Two teams of students from the School of Management and Communication (SMC) emerged as champion and third place winner in the Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) Brand Challenge 2023.
They went head-to-head against more than 40 teams of students from the different polytechnics, where they were tasked to develop a marketing campaign to launch a brand. Specifically, the competitors were required to propose a brand name for a gig economy platform.
With gig workers across the Association of Southeast Asian Nations region identified as the target audience, the competitors also had to underline a clear brand strategy; taking into consideration the brand’s positioning and personality.
Our champion from the Diploma in Mass Communication (DMC) impressed the judges with their brand and marketing pitch on BeezGigz, a one-stop platform for freelance jobs and gig workers, winning them the top prize of $3,000 worth of shopping vouchers. They also received provisional offers of admission into the full-time Bachelor of Science in Marketing with Minor programme at SUSS.
This is the second time students from DMC clinched victory in the SUSS Brand Challenge in four years – a remarkable achievement to be proud of.
See below for a list of our winners:
Champion (Guided by Mr Caleb Ng and Mr Firdaus Ghani)
- Nur Qistina Binti Mohammed Azmil (Diploma in Mass Communication)
- Aiman Irfan B Mohamad Zaime (Diploma in Mass Communication)
- Tay Fong Qing (Diploma in Mass Communication)
- Nur Syaura Qistina Bte Yahya (Diploma in Mass Communication)
- Adrenna Nora Binte Norazmi (Diploma in Mass Communication)
Third Place (Guided by Mr Shaun Low and Mr Shawn Tay)
- Goh Jun Hui (Diploma in Consumer Behaviour & Research)
- Vincent Gan Ming Feng (Diploma in Consumer Behaviour & Research)
- Chua Jie Yu, Javier (Diploma in Consumer Behaviour & Research)
- Jerald Chua Ji Ru (Diploma in Consumer Behaviour & Research)
- Goh En Ling, Addlin (Diploma in Consumer Behaviour & Research)