The Media Challenge 2021/2022
Know any aspiring digital or social media content creator? Sign them up for the 2021/22 instalment of The Media Challenge (TMC)!
TMC is an event organised by Republic Polytechnic, School of Management and Communication’s Diploma in Mass Communication (DMC) to give media-savvy secondary school students a taste of their dream career.
For the latest instalment, TMC will be going DIGITAL – the event will be held online entirely!
Our experienced DMC lecturers (and industry partners) will share their knowledge and skills with participants on how to:
- conceptualise and produce engaging online media content – including articles, photojournalistic pictures, and short videos
- successfully pitch their media package to a panel of judges
- effectively promote their content across social media platforms
Working in teams, participants will pit their creativity, new found skills, and determination against one another to create their own integrated media package to win attractive prizes!
This year, all components of the event will be held online. Unlike the three-day face-to-face format of previous TMC runs, TMC 2021/22 will be taking place across a period of four months. Participants will also have the opportunity to pick up valuable tips and insights from leading media industry practitioners, who will also judge the quality of their integrated media packages.
Past TMC speakers and judges include media professionals and industry experts from organisations like Google, Media Literacy Council, Ogilvy and Mather, People’s Association, Urban Redevelopment Authority, Young and Rubicam, Youth.SG and 938Now.
In the process, students will also:
- get to participate in hands-on workshops and gain tips from media industry practitioners as well as DMC lecturers
- be assessed on their ability to create digital content, as well as their creativity and planning skills within a given time frame, making this a meaningful and enriching experience
- get to pitch their media packages to a panel of judges comprising of industry experts and DMC lecturers (for shortlisted teams)
- stand a chance to win up to $3,000 worth of prizes
Join Us at The Media Challenge 2021/2022
- Registration deadline: 30 October 2021
- Event Briefing and Workshops (online): 9 to 11 November 2021*
- Online submission of media packages: 14 January 2022
- Notification of shortlisted teams: 11 February 2022
- Online pitching of media packages (by shortlisted teams) to judges: 14 to 18 March 2022
- Announcement of winners: End March 2022
* Dates to be finalised
Team size: Each team to consist of one teacher mentor and five students (Secondary 1 to 5)
Registration fee: Free
Head over to our News & Events page for details about past challenges.
Want to participate in TMC?
To register your team for The Media Challenge 2021/2022, please email Ms. Khartini Junaidi