The Intermediate Sport Science course is designed to equip participants with the sport science knowledge to coach competitive athletes in their early years of competition.
The course learning objectives will be covered under the following 7 modules:
- Module 1: Exercise and Sport Science
- Module 2: Sport Physiology
- Module 3: Anatomy and Injury Prevention
- Module 4: Sport Biomechanics
- Module 5: Sport Psychology
- Module 6: Sport Nutrition
- Module 7: Strength and Conditioning
Who should attend?
This course is part of the requirements for coaches who wants to upgrade their membership to Senior Coach. More on NROC memberships can be found here -> https://www.sportsingapore.gov.sg/Athletes-Coaches/Coaches-Corner/National-Registry-of-Coaches/How-to-Upgrade-NROC-Membership
To be eligible to undertake SGC Theory Level 2 /Intermediate Sport Science course, a coach must:
- Submit a valid Sportsync NROC e-card that reflects “Coach” as status
- Be actively coaching in order to be able to develop a work-based portfolio for this course
- Have at least 2 years of coaching experience
If any of the above requirements are not met, RP and SportSG reserve the right to not issue you a certificate.
Participants will be awarded the Certificate of Achievement issued by Sport Singapore and Republic Polytechnic upon completing the required e-learning, , classroom sessions, an MCQ exam, and a portfolio that documents application of sport science in the workplace.
| Portfolio Submission
|| 20 March to 3 April 2023
||10 April 2023
||17 April 2023
|| 2 May 2023
||15 May 2023
|| 8 May to 22 May 2023
||29 May 2023
||5 June 2023
|| 19 June 2023
||3 July 2023
|| 24 May to 5 June 2023
||12 June 2023
|| 19 June 2023
||3 July 2023
|| 17 July 2023
|| 5 July to 15 July 2023
|| 24 July 2023
|| 31 July 2023
||7 August 2023
|| 21 August 2023
Schedule - Intake 1
Schedule - Intake 2
Schedule - Intake 3
Schedule - Intake 4
9 hours online asynchronous e-learning + 19 hours F2F/ Online (5 x 3-hr sessions, and 2 x 2-hr sessions) + 6 hours consulting
Total 34 hours
RP ACE @ Woodlands
*All information may be subject to change.
|Full Course Fees (with GST)
||Singapore Citizens aged 39 & below
||Singapore Citizens aged 40 & above
||SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens
||SME-sponsored Singapore PR
*Fee of $50.00 (before GST) payable to retake exam on re-exam date if you fail or were absent from first exam date without a Letter of Absence.
- Payment may be made using SkillsFuture Credit.
- Fees reflected are inclusive of Goods and Services Tax (GST). In line with the government fee freeze directive from 1 Jan to 31 Dec 2023, the fees in 2023 for Singapore Citizen will remain the same as 2022. RP will absorb the additional 1% GST for Singapore Citizen in 2023 only.
Republic Polytechnic reserves the right to make changes to the course fee and application closing dates without prior notice. The commencement of each course is subject to sufficient number of participants.
All information is accurate at time of publishing.