Have your heart set on a dynamic career in the vibrant creative industries but unsure which field to specialise in? The Common Arts, Design and Media Programme (CAP) is perfect for you!
With CAP, you will embark on a cross-disciplinary Creative Arts curriculum that immerses you in the creative sector. You will acquire expertise that will put you in good stead across various creative careers. You will also gain first-hand experiences of the different creative disciplines to discover your interests and strengths. This will help you make an informed choice on the diploma to specialise in at the end of your first year.
You can choose from the following diplomas:
- Diploma in Media Production and Design (R19)
- Diploma in Sonic Arts (R24)
- Diploma in Arts and Theatre Management (R25)
- Diploma in Design for Games and Gamification (R35)
- Diploma in Design for User Experience (R36)
The course structure consists of general, discipline, and specialisation modules. There is also an industry orientation component.
In the second semester, you must choose 2 electives from this list:
- T191 Technical Theatre
- T192 Game Design and Gamification
- T193 Visual Storytelling for Content Creators
- T194 Design Research for UX
- T195 Sound Design
From the second year, you will study the modules that belong to a specific STA diploma programme.
||Range of Net ELR2B2 for 2022 JAE
||Minimum Entry Requirements/Grade
a) English Language / 1-6
b) Mathematics (Elementary/Additional) / 1-7
c) Any three other subjects / 1-6
To be eligible for selection, you must also have sat for one subject listed in the 1st group of relevant subjects and another different subject listed in the 2nd group of relevant subjects for the ELR2B2-A Aggregate Type listed in the JAE Information Booklet.
|Minimum Entry Requirements
- Obtain an A-S grade for General Paper (English Medium),
- Obtain an A-E grade for 2 other H2 subjects, AND
- Must have taken GCE 'A' Level examinations whilst studying in a Junior College / Millennia Institute in Singapore
- Please click here to view a list of module exemptions
For more details on admission using Singapore Cambridge GCE A-levels qualifications, please refer to our webpage at
Admission to RP is based on academic merit and subjected to available vacancies of our diploma programmes. Meeting the minimum entry requirements does not guarantee that applicants will be offered a placement in the diploma programme. These requirements are set in place to ensure fairness to all applicants.
Upon completion of the Common Arts, Design and Media Programme, you will have a better understanding of all the diploma programmes offered by the School of Technology for the Arts, giving you a clearer picture of which of the five diplomas best fits your interests and passion.